Department of the Army Pamphlet 600-3 states, “The Army Warrant Officer is a self-aware and adaptive technical expert, combat leader, trainer, and advisor. Through progressive levels of expertise in assignments, training, and education, the WO administers, manages, maintains, operates, and integrates Army systems and equipment across the full spectrum of Army operations. Warrant officers are competent and confident warriors, innovative integrators of emerging technologies, dynamic teachers, and developers of specialized teams of soldiers. They support a wide range of Army missions throughout their career. Warrant officers in the Army are accessed with specific levels of technical ability. They refine their technical expertise and develop their leadership and management skills through tiered progressive assignments and education.”
Warrant Officer General Eligibility
All Warrant Officer MOSs require the applicant to have experience in the enlisted feeder MOS, with the exception of 153A.
Click the Warrant Officer MOSs below to see the duty description, prerequisites, and preferred qualifications that you may be eligible to apply for. Please remember, you must meet the MINIMUM prerequisites for the Warrant Officer MOS for which you will apply, or you must request a prerequisite waiver.
Waivers are not needed for preferred qualifications.
(A soldier must meet these nine Administrative Requirements before applying for the Warrant Officer Program)
- US Citizenship (No Waivers)
- General Technical (GT) score of 110 or higher (No Waivers)
- High school graduate or have a GED (No Waivers)
- FINAL Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance - Interim clearances will not satisfy the requirement!
- Pass the standard 3-event Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) and meet height/weight standards. APFT must be current and not older than six months by the time the applicants packet will be boarded.
- Pass the commissioning physical for technical specialties or the Class 1 (warrant officer candidate) flight physical for Aviators.
- All applicants must have 12 months remaining on their enlistment contract.
- Active Federal Service (AFS): All applicants must have 12 years of AFS or less prior to their packet being boarded.Applicants must submit an AFS waiver request with the application if they have 12 or more years of AFS.
- Age Requirements: For 153A, 33rd birthday or less prior to their packet being boarded. For all other WO MOSâ€™, 46th birthday or less prior to their packet being boarded. Applicants must submit an Age waiver request with the application if they exceed the age requirements specified.
[su_divider top=”no” size=”1″][su_divider][/su_divider]
Warrant Officer Title
Enlisted Feeder MOS
|120A||Construction Engineering Technician||12H, K, N, P, Q, R, T, W|
|125D||Geospatial Engineering Technician||12Y, 35F, 35G|
|131A||Field Artillery Targeting Technician||11C, 13B, D, F, M, P, R, T|
|140A||Command and Control Systems Technician||14G, 14H, 14S|
|140E||Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Tactician/Technician (Patriot Systems Technician)||14E, 14H, 14T, 94S|
|150A||Air Traffic Control Technician||15Q|
|150U||Tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems (TUAS) Operations Technician||15E, 15W|
|151A||Aviation Maintenance Technician||All CMF 15 MOS (Excluding 15PÂ & 15Q)|
|153A||Rotary Wing Aviator||All MOSs|
|180A||Special Forces Warrant Officer||All CMF 18 MOS|
|255A||Information Services Technician||All MOSs (Must have 4 years IT experience IAW prerequisites)|
|255N||Network Management Technician||All MOSs (Must have 4 years IT experience IAW prerequisites)|
|290A||Electronic Warfare Technician||29E, 25B, 25E, or 13F with ASI 1J|
|311A||CID Special Agent||31D|
|350F||All Source Intelligence Technician||35F|
|350G||GEOINT Imagery Technician||35G|
|351M||Human Intelligence Collection Technician||35M|
|352N||SIGINT Analysis Technician||35N, 35P, 35Q|
|352S||Signals CollectionTechnician||35S, 35Q|
|353T||Military Intelligence Systems Maintenance/Integration Technician||35T|
|420A||Human Resources Technician||42A/42F|
|420C||Bandmaster||All CMF 02 MOSâ€™s, 42R and 42S)|
|640A||Veterinary Services Food Safety Officer||68R, 68S|
|670A||Health Services Maintenance Technician||68A|
|740A||Chemical, Biological, Nuclear and Radiological (CBRN) Technician||74D|
|880A||Marine Deck Officer||88K|
|881A||Marine Engineering Officer||88L; 12P, w/ASI S2|
|882A||Mobility OfficerÂ||88N, 88M, 88H|
|890A||Ammunition Warrant Officer||89A, 89B, 89D|
|913A||Armament Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer||91F, 91A, M, P, S|
|914A||Allied Trades Warrant Officer||91E|
|915A||Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer||91A, B, C, D, H, L M, P, S, X|
|919A||Engineer Equipment Maintenance Warrant Officer||91B, C, D, H, J, L, X|
|920A||Property Accounting Technician||92Y, 68J|
|920B||Supply Systems Technician||92A|
|921A||Airdrop Systems Technician||92R|
|922A||Food Service Technician||92G, 68M|
|923A||Petroleum Systems Technician||92F, 92L, and 92W|
|948B||Electronic Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer||94D, E, F, H, M, R, W, Y and Z (25S/with waiver only)|
|948D||Electronic Missile Systems MaintenanceWarrant Officer||94A, M, P, S, T, X, and Z|