Promote and sustain the quality of life and resiliency of National Guard children and youth by providing resources, programming and support services.
Responsibilities and Services
- State Youth Council: The council consists of teenage children,ages 13-17, of Michigan Army and Air members. These youth are the voice of all military kids in Michigan.
- Youth Leadership Camps: The week-long summer camps are specifically for Air and Army National Guard kids between the ages of 9-12 years old. “Trailblazers” learn key leadership skills and have a chance to build relationships with other military kids.
- Deployment Support
Contact Information and Locations
Lead State Child and Youth Coordinator
Samantha Houchlei (No email assigned yet)
Child and Youth Program Coordinator
- Our Military Kids
- Child Care Aware
- Military Kids Connect
- Military Parenting
- Youth Leadership Camp Facebook Page
- Child and Youth Programs Facebook Page
- State Youth Council Facebook Page